We all have tidbits of knowledge we have gained on our different journeys in life but the truth is we are all just playing guessing games, stumbling, falling, and sometimes soaring in the decisions and choices we make.
“Dearly beloved since we are all gathered here to get through this thing called life.” – Prince .
The advice of ladies in their 40s was solicited on lessons learned as they navigate through this life “thang”. Both ladies reside in different cities and have different marital status’ and life paths so each persons take on what is most important comes from different journeys, struggles and environments. It ‘s so intriguing to discover what values people hold dear to their hearts… below is the perspective of two individuals.
The advice of Mrs. Robinson
- ” Never let someone dim your light, stay true to yourself, and love exactly who you are” . Oftentimes we make apologies for our personalities and quirks and try to shrink and adjust ourselves for others which life has taught her not to do.
- “Too much is given much is required”. Give openly and freely with no strings attached and the universe will send those things right back to you.”
- ” Always have you own money, and never be in a position to need someone.” The greatest feeling is to be able to be self-sufficient and not rely on anyone.
The advice of Ms. Strickland
- ” It could always be you.” Oftentimes we pass judgement on other’s situations and circumstances however; life is fast changing and you may find yourself in that same situation in the future so don’t be quick to pass judgement.
- “Always honor your commitment” If you leave a company, relationship, social group or whatever , make sure that you have honored all the commitments that you all agreed upon before departing.
- “Stick with it!” Oftentimes we start a new endeavor and when things are not appearing fruitful we abandon the ship. Try to stick with the idea or endeavor for a reasonable amount if time, ….the tricky part is knowing when to cut your losses.
Truth is there is no right or wrong way to navigate through life, and each of us are learning lessons through individual experiences, circumstance and tools life has given you. The beauty in these life lessons lies is sharing what you have learned. . What lessons have you learned in your life journey? Please share below.
If you get, give. If you learn, teach. – Maya Angelou